Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
At any of our donation locations. More information can be found here.
Aside from dispersing your generous donations to the houseless community through events such as Free Hot Soup and houseless picnics, we contribute items to a variety of organizations that serve those most struggling in and around Kansas City: including Homeroom Health, a fully integrated health center that links struggling families & youth to healthcare and resources, and Avenue of Life who have a brand new youth home that serves houseless youth in Wyandotte County. Click here to read a full list of the many partner organizations we team up with to efficiently distribute period products to people most in need.
Our first focus is collecting tampons, pads, liners, menstrual cups, control pads, new underwear, body wipes and any other period products. We also need basic toiletries such as deodorant, body spray, bodywash, soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes and toothpaste. We will also accept donations for survival gear (especially as winter approaches) such as batteries, backpacks, packets of over-the-counter pain relief medications, hand/toe warmers, socks, gloves and hats. See our full list here.
Right now we do not have the resources to handle individual deliveries. We rely on our community partners to distribute these resources. We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope to expand our distribution network in the future!
Feel free to check out these resources Resources in the Kansas City community for those in need.
You can also call 211 in the KC area for assistance with various needs. More information can be found here.
Our friends and amazing community partners Giving Hope & Help take requests for both individuals and organizations! Here is the link for individuals to request period products and underwear:
Yes! Our friends and amazing community partners Giving Hope & Help take requests for both individuals and organizations!
Here is the link for 501c3 nonprofits to request period products:
You can also contact us for more information.
We are 100% a grassroots organization and always need help. Here are a few ways you can help:
- Donate items by shopping our Amazon Donation Wishlist, attend our donation drives or donate period products daily at any of our regular donation locations.
- Follow our social media pages and help spread the word by liking/sharing our posts.
- Meet us at the park to help distribute items.
- Attend our events and packing parties. Check our Facebook page here for updated event schedules.
- Host a live donation drive or a packing party with your friends and family! Here’s a guide to making period packs. Alternatively, you can host a virtual donation event by sharing our Amazon Wishlist on social media.